Important AnnouncementsAll Important Announcements
Crazy for Chromebooks!
Students have been issued Chromebooks this week, and everyone is excited to get started with all of the wonderful tools available for classroom instruction. There are a few things that all students need to know upon receiving their computers:
- Everyone must pay the $25 technology fee by September 30. Any student that has not paid the fee by the 30th will have his/her chromebook taken until the fee is paid.
- It is strongly suggested that you take time this weekend to carefully examine your child’s chromebook for any damage that may have been overlooked during the summer inspection. If any damages are found, please have your child take it to Mr. McNeil immediately. Union County will charge for any damages this year and reporting it a month from now will not be considered as pre- existing damages.
- Each chromebook and charger has been labeled and checked out to a student. Please discourage students from peeling the name labels off. When the equipment is returned, if the serial numbers do not match those that are checked out to them, the students will be charged. In addition, any serial number
that is peeled from the equipment will result in a replacement fee. The seral number labels do not come off without a great deal of effort.
- When charging the laptop, please do not charge them overnight; two hours will be plenty of time. If they are properly charged, there will be enough battery life to last the entire school day.
- Please encourage your student to bring the laptop in at the first sign of damage. Often times it can be repaired without any charges. However, when they ignore the problem, it can often times get worse. Sometimes it is as simple as replacing a screw.
- Mr. McNeil's office hours for students are 7:30-9:00 and 11:15-1:30
It is about that time
We hope everyone is enjoying summer, but August is right around the corner!
Open House dates are as follows:
6th grade students with the last name beginning with A-K are invited to attend a structured open house event that will be held on Wednesday, August 20 from 6 to 8pm.
6th grade students with the last name beginning with L-Z are invited to attend a structured open house event that will be held on Thursday, August 21 from 6 to 8pm.
7th and 8th graders new to WMS are invited to attend a structured open house on Friday, August 22 at 9am.
All 7th and 8th graders are invited to drop in and meet their teachers on Friday, August 22 from 10am to 12pm.